The spas of Kyllinis Castle are on the north west coast of the Peloponnese , which belongs to the prefecture of Ilia and just across the islands of Zakynthos and Kefalonia . The spas Kyllini is within the rural area of MD Castle , located southwest of the village and the fortress Chlemoutsi , and 6 km away from Kyllini and 85 km from Patras . The name given to Kylini Baths because Kyllini located six kilometers from the Castle , has been known since antiquity as a port and as a settlement . The springs are located between two hills ( sand mostly ) and forming valley opening to the sea at a distance of 330 meters. The area of the Baths showing dense vegetation and perennial mostly eucalyptus trees planted in the years 1890-1892 , transported from France to the SPAP care company that was responsible for holding the Baths .