From the newest Greek cities and at a distance of about 18 km. from Pyrgos, Amaliada is officially recognized as a new town by Royal Decree of 18 November 1885, after the unification of towns Kalitsa and Derbis Tselepi. However, the name of which was given in honor of Queen Amalias, predates by Royal Decree of King Otto (1 July 1842) by request of municipality of Elissis for consolidation of villages Tselepi Kalitsa and Derbis.
The Folklore Museum of Amaliada, housed in a neoclassical building of 1932 property of the brothers Maroyta. The exhibits include works and domestic folk art tools and industrial objects of domestic production or imported from abroad. The last used by returnees immigrants, their relatives and the rising bourgeoisie of amaliada. Almost all the objects used in the late 19th and early 20th century. The folklore material is from donations from the civilians of the area.