The lighthouse was built in 1865 Katakolou and the height of tower reaches 9 meters and the focal height of 45 meters. It is of French origin and range in up to 18 to 19 nautical miles. Composed of four rooms , used by the keepers for bedrooms , as well as the turret , which in this mechanism is mounted strobe .
At the top of the turret there is a chamber with the mirror , while the whole complex is still a building separate from the rest , which had the use of the kitchen. The mirror of the lighthouse is characterized short range. Overall there are three categories, which include larger mirrors .
The mechanism and the operation resembled much that of a clock pendulum . Composed of two containers , one containing oil and other water. The oil enriched with air and then lit the lamp guiding ships. The mirror was rotated to give 4 flashes in time 16 seconds while rotating unfolding as a sinker , which was in the turret .